Cross Border Insights - June 2022
We live in a global village this is true more than before as large number of Indians have foreign investments. Owing a house in India is almost like a dream come true for majority of the population. However, Indians today are more actively involved in acquiring a property in foreign lands not only an investment opportunity but also a necessity to obtain a place to stay or a place to setup business. While acquiring a property the basic although decision matrix revolves around the budget and location, it is equally important to keep in mind applicable regulations and tax implications thereon.
With this we present our Quarterly Newsletter – Infodive focusing on various issues, controversies and recent trends in the areas of FEMA, International Tax & Transaction Advisory.
Key Highlights of this Issue are as under:
- Foreign Retirement Benefit Account
- Acquisition and Transfer of Immovable Property
- Acquisition of Immovable Property in India
- Acquisition of Immovable Property outside India
- Tax Implications on Income from Immovable Property
To view the newsletter, click here.